inclusion support for art teachers

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 08:37:32 PST

In all the years I have taught at all levels, I have never had an assistant
or aide in a class. I find it incredible that "special" teachers are
expected to provide for the needs of exceptional children while also dealing
with the other 25 kids in class(as opposed to 15 in special ed with an
aide), and many of the teachers have no special education training.
Personally, I don't mind it and have taken enough special ed courses to be 3
hours from a certificate endorsement, but, given all this, I find it
particularly interesting that our superintendent is now requiring "advanced
learner certification" for any of us who teach honors or AP courses!
Evidently one exceptionality is more difficult? more important? more
special? than another! Linda in NC

---