Re: problem glazing pre-glazed tiles

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 05:01:34 PST

 Thanks. I'm running a couple of test tiles through the kiln today. More later.
Mark
  louise dawkins <ms_wez@yahoo.com> wrote: Mark,

I have glazed, glazed tiles, and I used china markers,
grease pencils and or/ litho pencils and then applied
the glaze within the area. As they dried, if
reticulation occurred we would apply or drop a few
more drops of glazed into the needed area. The grease
held it in place and it then burned off in the firing
w/o leaving a trace. Using gum I have also applied
ground glass from Thompson Enamels, a little harder to
manipulate but not impossible.

Louise in VA