Re: clay armature

---------

From: Dave Wuerffel (wuerfeld_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 15:50:29 PST

Susan,
There is only one type of wire that will work in the kiln. It isn't used for
armatures as it is quite
expensive, but on occasion you will see it used as a decorative element. If
the work is built up gradually as the clay strengthens he may be able to
avoid using an armature.
He can always build it with traditional wire and later separate it. This
would involve cutting the piece in half to hollow it and remove the wire and
then reattach the pieces.

If you need further clarification please feel free to contact me at my
e-mail directly.
Jayne
wuerfeld@mninter.net