Re: new

---------

From: Sara Scheid (scheidsara_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:09:25 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Sechler" <BillSe@fsusd.k12.ca.us>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: new

Simply put, artistic technology is another tool and media for the creative
person to use as a means of expression and communication. Photography
suffered the same kind of scrutiny as computer art is now. I teach 4 periods
of computer assisted design at my high school in northern California and it
is going well. The traditional art student benefits from technology in that
the future is tech based but will not replace traditional media, it will
only add to the artists list of tools and media.

>>> arma@strik.is 03/13 10:10 AM >>>
Hello everyone!!

I just joined this group. Im graduating as an arts teacher this spring and
I am
working on my final-project. The project is about media and technology in
art, that is
if it should be taught/increased. Why is it necessery?... and so on.I was
wondering if
anybody could give me inside information on the situation in your school. Do
you use
computers in art, do you teach photography, editing, etc. And do you think
this should
be categorized as art? By the way Im from Iceland so sorry if the spelling
is wrong ;o)

Thank you,

Margret