Re: kachina dolls

---------

From: Elissa Spruill (arteduk8r_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 12:12:07 PST

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ARTNSOUL12@aol.com
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 9:36 PM
  Subject: Re: kachina dolls

  In a message dated 03/12/2002 4:58:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, kellym2811@aol.com writes:

    I wondered if anyone else out there has made these with 3rd or 2nd grade. I have LOTS of toilet paper rolls and craft sticks. Could use some jumpstarts for ideas!

   I have used t.p. rolls to make kachinas. We used fadeless paper to wrap around the roll, then used cut pieces to create the face. We also used feathers (you can get cheap feathers by cutting apart feather dusters from the Dollar Tree). Some kids were really creative...they figured out how to make wings and shields.
  Elissa

---