Re: new

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 10:48:26 PST

Simply put, artistic technology is another tool and media for the creative person to use as a means of expression and communication. Photography suffered the same kind of scrutiny as computer art is now. I teach 4 periods of computer assisted design at my high school in northern California and it is going well. The traditional art student benefits from technology in that the future is tech based but will not replace traditional media, it will only add to the artists list of tools and media.

>>> arma@strik.is 03/13 10:10 AM >>>
Hello everyone!!

I just joined this group. Im graduating as an arts teacher this spring and I am
working on my final-project. The project is about media and technology in art, that is
if it should be taught/increased. Why is it necessery?... and so on.I was wondering if
anybody could give me inside information on the situation in your school. Do you use
computers in art, do you teach photography, editing, etc. And do you think this should
be categorized as art? By the way Im from Iceland so sorry if the spelling is wrong ;o)

Thank you,

Margret