Re: Reply to su eSummer's ideal room

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 04:57:15 PST

I love my sink!!! It's a big round thing that at least 10 kids at a time
can get around to wash hands, brushes, fill water cans, etc. You step on
a foot pedal that encircles it at the bottom and a spray of water shoots
out from the middle in all directions, but of course, there is a splash
rail around the outside edge that is about a foot tall. For faster water
fills, I have a faucet on the wall down low enough to fill a big 5 gallon
paint bucket without having to lift it into a sink. I keep the 5 gallon
bucket there under the wall faucet to catch drips if we use the faucet to
fill watercolor wash cans quicker than the spray faucet. I think you want
both...the round spray for general cleanup, hand washing, and the faucet
or another deep sink with a strong faucet for faster fillups. Another
plus about the big sink is this....when I do tempera batik, there is room
for two 18x24inch paintings to be washed off at the same time, laying flat
in the bottom of the sink! I don't have to do that outside.

---