Re: Polymer Clay

---------

BibelotsOutpost_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 20:41:44 PST

I think a lot depends on the kind of clay you're using...
Sculpey tends to be more brittle, especially if pieces are thin.
The Premo brand is much stronger and will flex without breaking
in thin pieces, but is still easy to condition.
Classic Fimo is also strong and less brittle, but very difficult to
condition.
Another consideration is the oven you use to bake in. Toaster
oven temps may fluctuate quite a bit up and down while baking,
or the dial may not reflect the actual temperature ~ an oven
thermometer might help determine if your temp is going too high
or is too low to cure the clay.
Deborah

In a message dated 03/12/02 6:03:54 Central Standard Time, Pablo90512@aol.com
writes:

> I have been messing around with Polymer clay during spring break this week!
> I baked it according to recommendations...but it still seems a bit soft to
> set and I had a couple pieces break trying to wrap wire around it....Does
> it
> need to be thicker? should I bake it longer...or hotter...I followed
> directions...but it still has some give to it.
> Laurie

---