Re: Polymer Clay

---------

From: wendy free (wendfree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 18:45:43 PST

my 2 cents on polymer clay, which i *love*:

i've always had better and more consistent results with sculpey than fimo.
i bake my pieces at 250 for about 40 minutes - cooler and longer than the
directions say. for thicker pieces i use the same temp and even longer
time - no burning/browning of lighter colors and they always seem "done".
sculpey makes a flexible-even-after-curing variety for things that aren't
best brittle - bracelets, etc. maybe that's what you got? i have had some
difficulty with sculpey that is really old...

some neat polymer clay projects we've done in ms art: sculpey
animalitos/alebrijes http://www.mexonline.com/animal1.htm, huicol-inspired
bead painting http://www.themasksofgod.com/, and abstract faces...

:D wendy

---