Re: kachina dolls

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 18:36:32 PST

In a message dated 03/12/2002 4:58:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kellym2811@aol.com writes:

> I wondered if anyone else out there has made these with 3rd or 2nd grade. I
> have LOTS of toilet paper rolls and craft sticks. Could use some jumpstarts
> for ideas!

Some of the armatures I've used: Plastic 2 litre soda bottles for the body.
Use the bottoms of orange juice containers on top and invert for the head.
Use a layar of papier mache on top. Or, use the bottom of a soda bottle and
invert on a full size bottle for the head. Also cover with papier mache.
The kids also love to build kachinas from wood pieces, dowels, etc. Paint
and add feathers, leather, etc.
Susan on Long Island

---