Re: Purchasing student work

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 07:27:57 PST

Marian Colman wrote:

> <snip> My Printmaking class did some incredible
> finger printed portraits of the faculty a la Chuck Close. I finally got
> them matted and hung today. Apparently the teachers in the building are so
> excited and want to buy the work. I don't know how to handle this. <snip>

Marian,

There may very well be some legalities involved here. You should speak
with someone in the district office about how to handle this, probably
the person who handles student accounts (like student council). I know
AZ has some very strict laws about how to handle student money.
Teachers have lost their jobs and certificates just out of ignorance.
Please be careful!

Maggie

---