Re: Help needed with elementary mural

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 07:01:51 PST

Yep it works. If your wall paint is acrylic, like acrylic latex, you can make
new colors by mixing in acrylic paint from tubes or whatever. You might want
a darker color than you can get mixing into white, so other colors of wall
paint may be needed. Check a paint store for cheap cans of mis-mixed paint,
which you can mix tube paint into to get colors you need.. Team B & C probably
need something to do while they are waiting. Maybe you could make color
copies of pictures of famous murals and cut them into puzzles and have
questions for kids to answer about the pictures when they solve the puzzles.

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>I am about to attempt my first mural with my 3rd-5th grade students. I
>would appreciate any advice anyone could pass on. I have heard that you can
>take white wall paint and mix it with colored acrylic paint and make large
>amounts of cheaper paint. Does anyone know if this works? Also I plan to
>divide the classes into teams. I was going to allow team A to paint for 5
>minutes then team B five minutes and team C. I am just afraid they will not
>be able to be quiet while waiting for their next turn. We are working in
>the 1st and second grade hall. I don't want to make people hate me. I
>would appreciate hearing about anyone elses system for this. Thanks

Susan Holland
susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---