Help needed with elementary mural

---------

From: Sue Cosgrove (sue_cosgrove_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 06:41:34 PST

I am about to attempt my first mural with my 3rd-5th grade students. I
would appreciate any advice anyone could pass on. I have heard that you can
take white wall paint and mix it with colored acrylic paint and make large
amounts of cheaper paint. Does anyone know if this works? Also I plan to
divide the classes into teams. I was going to allow team A to paint for 5
minutes then team B five minutes and team C. I am just afraid they will not
be able to be quiet while waiting for their next turn. We are working in
the 1st and second grade hall. I don't want to make people hate me. I
would appreciate hearing about anyone elses system for this. Thanks