Re: 3D Projects, and a question. . .

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 17:28:44 PST

on 3/12/02 11:27 AM, Deb Hyland at hyland5@galenalink.com wrote:

> When you do projects using found objects, or provide extra jewelry, buttons,
> feathers, film canisters, etc., etc., etc., how do you kind of "equalize"
> what everyone takes?

for k-6: sometimes it works for me to divide all the stuff quasi-equally
into box lids - 1 per table. if this is unwieldy and i have to put out large
containers of stuff i set limits to start with such as "3 of this , 7 of
that" or "5 things to start." then when everyone has a direction and can
make more reasoned choices they can go back for more. but i still have to
watch the ones who can't figure out, for example, that the 3' square of
copper foil they need does not have to be cut from the center of the big
sheet. can anyone explain to me if that is a developmental thing? i know
many adults who have the same problem.

---