Re: Keep the report an a famous artist out of the classroom?

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 04:57:48 PST

area of expertise? I don't suppose any of the elementary classroom teachers I
work with are expert in the field of teaching communications. But I don't
think we art teachers should "leave" things to the classroom teachers; I think
we work together with them to educate the child.
 When I have students report orally to the class, that is one more way for the
students to process the information, one more shot at their retaining the
information. I don't let it become a stressful situation- we keep
presentations short and have teams or pairs of presenters.

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>What is this? "develop their presentation skills..master presenters"..
>is your area of expertise- communications? or is it the teaching of art?
>should we as art teachers leave this to the classroom teacher?
>Wayne S

Susan Holland
susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---