RE: 3D Projects, and a question. . .

---------

From: Deb Hyland (hyland5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 19:27:31 PST

". . . then 3-D in wood or found object. They are so very excited!!!"

Just a question I happened to think of - both for elem. and MS:

When you do projects using found objects, or provide extra jewelry,
buttons,
feathers, film canisters, etc., etc., etc., how do you kind of
"equalize" what
everyone takes? I don't have a huge problem with this, but sometimes
kind of
limit what I put out, because I know there are kids in a particular
class who
just grab stuff, or end up wasting it, or cramming things on with no
thought.
At the same time, there are those kids who would use these supplies very
thoughtfully, and creatively - but don't get a chance, because others are
grabbier, or, like I said, less gets put out. Know what I mean?
Sometimes, the
more you put out, even those students who are usually successful with a
project, get that "eyes are bigger than your stomach" look, and overdo what
they might have otherwise done more thoughtfully.

Hopefully, I'm not the only one wondering about this??

Deb

---