Re: Purchasing student work

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 17:05:46 PST

Marian, first I think you should share the details of your project! :-) If
it was me, I would be careful about setting a precedent. If you give the
artwork to the teachers then they may expect it later on. Also, the students
worked hard on these. Do the students get to keep their artwork? Do they pay
fees? If they get to keep all artworks and don't pay a fee then splitting
50/50 is fair on all sales - 1/2 for students and 1/2 for art dept. If they
pay fees then students keep money. If they don't get to keep any projects
then art dept. keeps all profits (although I'm not sure I am comfortable
with keeping all projects and profits). That's how I would look at it!
~Michal