Re: circular weaving

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 18:34:22 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Susan Holland" <Susan_Holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu>
> I've been trying to get this to work, but somehow I keep getting frustrated.
> When making a circular weaving, do I need an even or odd number of warp
> threads? When I come back around, to the start, I find I have to skip a warp
> thread to make the under-over pattern become an over-under pattern-- uggh!
> Susan Holland

Hi, Susan. You need an odd # of strings. Wrap your circle (example: rounded
coathanger) like spokes of a wheel. When completed, tie off. Now cut an
extra string and with one end of extra string collect all the wrapped
strings together at the center of the weaving and re-inforce with a knot.
Now take the other end of the extra string and add it as one more spoke of
the wheel...spreading out all the spokes of the warp evenly. Now you have an
uneven number of warp strings to start your weaving.

I had forgotten about round weaving. Thanks for reminding me. Toodles...Bunki

---