Re: the only, only bird by Alexander Calder

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 05:36:33 PST

i have a slide of it that i took out of a book - maybe Calder's Circus or
other monograph about 10 or 12 years ago. but i've seen the image in other
places too. it's a hanging sculpture and the body is made of a tin can
similar to a coffee can. there are all kinds of gizmos attached for wings,
legs, head etc. calder made several of these types of birds so maybe you can
find a similar one. i picked the only, only bird because of the title.
linda in michigan

on 3/12/02 5:49 AM, tiffany glass at tglass@hoover.k12.al.us wrote:

> I can't find an image of this sculpture : "Only Only Bird", 1952 anywhere?!

---