Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

the only, only bird by Alexander Calder

From: tiffany glass (tglass_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 13:49:17 PST

I can't find an image of this sculpture : "Only Only Bird", 1952 anywhere?!

Tiffany Glass ( )
Greystone Elementary School
Hoover, Alabama

Visit us at

>>> 03/09/02 02:25AM >>>
a variation of the bird idea: alexander calder's found object sculptures of
birds...i believe one of his titles is "the only, only bird" made out of
wires, a coffee can, flotsam and jetsom. i've had fun with this one using
colored (Solo brand) plastic cups, pipe cleaners, feathers, jewels, buttons,
etc. attach a paper clip and fishing line to hang....the "only, only" birds
that look like this!!
linda in michigan where torrential rain is pouring down