Re: Japanese Daruma dolls

---------

BibelotsOutpost_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 19:33:26 PST

How many extra layers did it take for the rocking motion to work?
I considered this method too, but already had a balloon and
paper-mache misfire with 1st graders this year... once was enough!
(I'd love jpegs of your darumas.)
Thanks,
Deborah

In a message dated 03/10/02 5:39:52 Central Standard Time, lin@altmanink.com
writes:

> I just finished making these with 3rd graders using the old balloon and
> paper mache method. We just applied extra layers on the bottom to make
> them stand up right and rock.
>
> Your method sounds great for a shorter project. I will definitely try it.
>
> Lin

---