Re: AP Studio question/combining classes -long

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 10:27:31 PST

I think where the question of a Photography Portfolio may have originated
is from an e-mail back in the fall on the APCentral listserv, which by the
way is hit or miss with messages getting through and questions getting
answered. Certainly not as active, friendly and reliable as this group!!!!!

I, too, have learned from a horrible experience this year (25 AP
students--all seniors) to be VERY SELECTIVE in my recommendations for next
year. WORK ETHIC is at the top of the list, with talent and motivation
right up there with it. My generous tendency not to turn anyone away from
art has been seriously challenged this year with many of the students' poor
and disrespectful attitudes and lack of creative original ideas and a
motivation to produce acceptable work--very LAZY.

For those students in question, they will have to go through an Appeals
process that our school has set up for students who don't get recommended,
then they will be conditionally accepted with a requirement to produce a
number of QUALITY projects over the summer, due the first week of school in
the Fall.

Judie J

---