Thanks and a few interesting book titles......

---------

From: lia (johns392_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 13:58:35 PST

I wanted to tell all of you who explained the concept of using hot glue on
the wall.....THANKS! This is something I would have never done or even
thought of....and last week I ran into a pinch in my classroom....and tried
it. It works wonderfully!

Since I moonlight as a bookseller....here are a couple of wonderful and
highly useful books I have recently run into.

Young at Art by Susan Striker (the anti-coloring book lady)
(ISBN: 0805066977)
This book is for pre-school art teaching but what is wonderful in it is her
amazing listing of picture books for teaching art (50 pgs.) and her listing
of art songs to use with elementary kids (40 pgs.)

Roy Lichtenstein's ABC by Bob Adelman (ISBN: 082122591x) This is an ABC
book using the pop art style of Roy Lichtenstein. It is a bargain book at
Barnes and Noble right now. I think it was 3.95.

Fantastic Felines by Laurel Burch (ISBN: 0811816443) Incredible images
of cats.....and of pattern and embellishment. Also a bargain book at
Barnes right now. 6.95

Artist to Artist : Inspiration and Advise from Visual Artists Past and
Present, by Clint Brown (Editor) ( ISBN: 0943097045) This is a highly
organized and useful book of quotes from artists. They are organized into
categories.....57 I think.

Oh....and a booksellers tip: if you can't find a bargain book at your
local Barnes and Noble...ask them if they can order it......sometimes there
are 100's sitting in the warehouse.

...lia