Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Japanese Daruma dolls

Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 08:04:16 PST

The doll is based on the Bodhidharma, who brought the Zen school of
Bhuddism from India to China.
Here is one website with pictures and info:

 <A HREF=""> - daruma doll</A>

and two books I used are Floating Lanterns and Golden Shrines -
Celebrating Japanese Festivals by Rena Krasno, and
Traditional Crafts from Japan, by Florence Temko.