Re: Glazing Islamic Designs on pre-glazed tile??

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 10:25:50 PST

I've done a similar thing...
but not with Islamic design. The glaze sticks wonderfully to the already glazed tile. I had students glaze over the tile and scratch their design through the new layer, leaving the original glaze underneath. A really neat result.
Tile sitters work well with the smaller tiles. The larger tiles were disastrous when I tried the tile sitters...they warped and melted into each other. Large tiles should be fired flat.