Re: Sculpey--waterproofable??

---------

BibelotsOutpost_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 02:54:20 PST

Two inexpensive alternatives for finishes on polyclay are:
   Future floor polish ~ evidently the right acrylic chemical make-up so
       that work won't get sticky over time...
and a product available in paint depts ~
   Flecto Varathane Elite - Diamond Finish (comes in matte, semi and
       high gloss, sold as a sealant for wood and paints), recommended
       highly by polyclay artists... non-toxic, no odor, water clean-up.

Deborah

In a message dated 03/04/02 10:29:53 Central Standard Time,
gregjuli@execpc.com writes:

> I had kids seal Sculpey once with acrylic gloss, but they had a stickiness to
> them. I don't know what went wrong. I haven't tried it again. My sample
> piece was fine , but the kids were sort of sticky.
> MaryB

---