Re: Graphic Design Lessons

---------

From: jpawlow2 (jpawlow2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 20:27:11 PST

Kathleen,

The work actually was done in different classes, I dedicating about 12 weeks
to Photoshop alone, II continues with Photoshop and adds Illustrator and
PageMaker and this year I added Advanced which is one semester of design
projects. I hesitate to put a specific time on projects as each class seems
to have their own rate of working. I tend to watch the students and approx.
two days before I think they'll be ready, I let them know the deadline is
approaching. I keep track of the time each year and allocate roughly that
amount if doing a similar project. Some projects are a couple of days to a
week, others might be weeks. One of my longest projects was a magazine
design - 32 pages, cover to cover. This project took 8 weeks.

What will you be teaching your students? I'd be interested in seeing/reading
your lessons.

Jane

Jane, your students work is fantastic!! I will be teaching this course next
year- Photoshop, illustrator and probably quark, pagemaker..
Looking at your students works does this represent your lessons for a
semester? how long do you give your students for each project?
Wayne S----- Original Message -----