Re: Photography in the classroom

---------

From: Aaron and Jennifer (THEGREEN99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 16:34:34 PST

Dear Jill,
    I forgot what grade level you teach, but I figured I would let you know
what I am gonna do with my second graders. We are going to go over the basic
parts of the camera - lens, flash, etc., etc. Then I am going to talk about
viewpoints - bird's eye view, worm's eye view, blah, blah, blah. I am
thinking about adding in a bit about framing items, but I haven't decided.
The kids are then gonna take landscape photos. We of course will look at
Ansel Adams work and some others to get ideas on how to capture a landscape.
    Another artist I love to talk about is Ruth Bernhard. She did some work
of close-up's. Really great to get into about simplicity, repetition and
such. One of remember off the top of my head is the picture of lifesavers.
She took a close-up of a bunch of lifesavers spread out. Really neat.
    I hope this helps. Good luck! :)

Jennifer in Michigan

---