Re: kindergarten

---------

From: brenda robson (bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 05:51:13 PST

 My daughter just started attending a school which offers a first grade
"fine arts"class. But it's really just music and touches on fine arts. (I
have had her as one of my students for two years and we've done extensive
mediums and studied many artists through Davis Art Prints and lessons.

 She said the teacher was working on a Monet coloring contest.
I didn't think much of it when she said that the teacher copied Monet's
waterlilies under the bridge very lightly on the copy machine.
She wanted the kids to use his impressionistic strokes to color it.
Now my daughter talks more about Monet than any lesson I have taught her
at her previous school.
Go figure.

---