Re: Re3-d-glasses to Judy N...forgot to mention

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 04:15:09 PST

In a message dated 03/07/2002 8:34:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jdnag@elknet.net writes:

> btw...i forgot to mention that on page 57 where the glasses are is a comment
> from our own susan from long island (artnsoul12@aol.com )

Speaking of that, I very rarely repeat a project. However, as part of the
Picasso Festival I have planned for the whole school in April, my 5th
graders just finished a fantastic project incorporating those 3-d glasses and
Picasso faces/people. Utilizing warm colors which pop out when one looks
through the glasses, and cool colors which receed, the kids drew cubistic
looking people, outlined in black Sharpies, and colored in oil pastels. They
finished them off with a coat of Mod Podge. I let them use the glasses as
they worked.

It created such interest and excitement that some in art club after school
begged me to let them work on this instead of throwing pots on my wheel in
the art room! Almost all wanted to come in during recess and work on this
"very cool" (as they put it) project. I plan to display these with the
glasses so viewers will get the same "thrill" when viewing. Interesting what
a little new twist on things can do!
Susan on Long Island

---