Re: kinko's vent!!! LONG!

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 21:15:06 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Nnaell@aol.com
> Sorry...thanks for letting me vent on Kinko's...had a terrible experience
> this past weekend....try to avoid them as much as possible....as almost all
> Kinko's experiences are an excercise in the surreal....as in how could it
> really be so difficult to make the one little copy you want? How could I
> have been in here for 45 minutes for one piece of paper that cost me
> $20.....hehehehe......
> you get the idea.....
************************

We do indeed and we've been there! I went to Kindo's and stood in line for
20 mins. while someone was having a personal phone conversation behind the
counter. I was passive for almost all of those 20 mins. until I blew a
gasket and yelled loud enough that you could hear me a block down the
street. I was soooooo MAD! I let everyone in the store know how long I had
waited, how I was being ignored, yada, yada. Thankfully several patrons left
the store with me frustrated also. It turned into a "walkout". Swore I'd
NEVER go back to that store EVER again...and I haven't.

B-U-T...I did go to another Kinko's that opened up closer to my home and boy
what a difference. They can't do enough for me, they honor my teacher
discount, give me special prices on other things (just because they know
me), know me by first-name basis as I also know their names now. I don't
think they know of my previous Kinko reputation because the first store
didn't care to know my name...just my $$$.

I say all this because I've learned that one store is not necessarily
ANOTHER store. The people are different, the attitudes can be different.
They can bend the rules or not. So I say...if you're disgusted, try another
Kinko's down the street. You may find it different. Toodles.....Bunki

---