Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Carving Sandstone

From: Retha Wilkins (RWilkin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 14:54:39 PST

Sandstone is not as easy to carve as soapstone or alabaster. But it
is fairly workable. A Dremel tool is a big help. I use all of the above
with high school students. I don't really know how appropriate it
would be for elementary students. Perhaps someone who teaches
elementary could be more helpful.