A Mayan or Aztec Temple in 10inches or less?

---------

From: Candice G. Williams (pandy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 12:40:42 PST

Hi, this is my first posting, and my name is Candice Williams. I teach at
Presbyterian School in Houston.

I am working on a joint project with Spanish and Technology. My fourth
graders are going to work in pairs to research different Aztec and Mayan
pyramids/temples. The Art side is to construct a model of the temple (in
the round) that can be photographed at 10 degree intervals to create a 360
digital movie which will be inserted into a Power Point presentation.

Because I have storage space issues, the models be relatively small. No
larger than 10 inches, which would also include terrain.

What would you use to construct these temples? They will range from
rounded steps pyramids to sheer pyramid-types with four sides. There are
various sculptures on the top and the terrain will vary from dirt to
tropical forrest.

I also have a time constraint of about 3-4 hours over 3 or 4 class
periods.

Please send your ideas!

---