Large bed scanner

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 08:34:01 PST

A list member asked for a large bed scanner. I doubt your art budget could
afford a scanner that would go up to 16x20 (if there is such a thing). For
the larger artwork, maybe you could go with a good digital camera - photo
taken on high resolution?

Here is the information I posted a while ago for 11x17 bed scanners.

Try Microtek Scanners:
http://www.microtekusa.com/prof.html

Scans up to 12" by 17"
http://www.microtekusa.com/sm9600xl.html

I have a Microtek flat bed scanner 8 1/2 x 14" and am VERY happy with it.
Our first scanner was IBM and it pooped out on us after about one year (or
so --- and it wasn't worth fixing it).

This is the model that I bought:
http://www.microtekusa.com/smx12usl.html
Saved $$ over the HP of the same size.

The other day, I posted the MicroTek large bed scanner -- I was just
looking through the new MicroWarehouse catalog -- and found one by UMAX -
PowerLook 2100XL - scans up to 12" by 17" - for $1299.95

No: IN9310 -- phone 1-800-597-6234
http://www2.warehouse.com/ed
(It may not be on their Web site)
I have a MicroTek Scanner -- It is great. As I posted the other day - mine
is 9" by 14" bed. The model I posted is a professinal version.
I like my MicroTek better than the IBM I used to have and bettter than the
HP I have a school. I also like the software bundle MUCH better

---