2 interesting web sites

---------

From: Ingrid Larson (ilarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 06:49:36 PST

Hi,
I've been lurking on the list for a while, and appreciate the lessons ( I
did the Agam fan folded kinetic pictures with one warm color picture and
one cool. They turned out great and there were lots of oohs and aahs.)
I thought you might be interested in a couple of neat web sites:

http://guelman.ru/flash/shortlist.html
is all in russian, but is a website apparently for a flash animation
contest. There is a neat flash animation of Matisse's paper collages that
the k-2nd graders thought was fantastic, and a couple other links to art
related animations (warhol, duchamp, the mona lisa) that you'll have to
look for but are fun and interesting.
and
http://www.roland-collection.com/
has online art history videos that you can play right off your computer.
unfortunately a lot of the ones that I wanted to see weren't available, but
for a teacher with very few visual resources, the computer has been a help
in showing art history.

I also seem to be getting a lot of garbled text in the digests- sometimes
upwards of 10 pages in one message of solid letters, can this be fixed?

Anyhow, I thought I would say "hi"
Ingrid

---