RE: artsednet Same 0 ld lesson?

---------

From: Martha Ulakovits (MSQU_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 04:06:52 PST

Same old lesson,
I know in my county there is a group of teachers that do teacher the same
old lessons every year. I truly don't know how one can do this without being
bored stiff and like you said, the enthusiasm of the students is generated
from the enthusiasm of the teacher. How can you get excited about something
you've taught 20 million times. I rotate some of my best lessons and do
them every other year or every third year. It is the new lessons that I
create my self or the ones I get from another teacher and modify for my
students that keep me fresh and excited. Each year you have different
students, different current events and different opportunities for
materials. A good teacher will know the students and tailor the lessons to
fit their needs, desires and abilities within the framework of a sequential
program that complies with state standards. How can it not change? And yes,
some of them will flop. So what, you can usually manage to salvage it in
another form. We are inventors. We are creative. We are teachers!
Martha Ulakovits

---