Re: Art Room Plans

---------

From: marcy bogdanich (marcy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 19:38:15 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <drkadm6@aol.com>
To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 5:11 PM
Subject: Art Room Plans

> I've been given the task/opportunity to design the future art room
> for our K-8 school. I have to include furniture, storage, water needs,
> flooring, etc. They say to shoot for the moon, so........what do you have
> that you dearly love, or what would you really like to have or consider a
> necessity for an art room? Any suggestions would be welcome. The room
> will be 960 square feet. Oh, and the bad news is, they've given me a
> couple of days to do this.
>
> ---

I was fortunate enough to design my elementary art room...the best part is
one wall with vertical rectangle cabinets without the doors or shelf boards.
I use them as "Folder Holders" for each class. There are 28 of them, (14 in
each row) and all folders are kept there. I added boards to rest the
folders on giving me an extra triangular shaped space to store unfinished/
lost stuff. These rest on a counter that is an extra 12" wide. Under the
counter are 8, 24" wide drawers (2 rows of 4) topped with 4 drawers and
three sections of lockable storade cabinets. The counter space and under
storage units are wonderful but the folder holders are the best! Hope I
have explained the unit well enough.

---