Re: Digital image and camera information

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 14:55:48 PST

Most images do print out all right at that size. I have one that hardly has any pixels at all that I paid $50 for that prints out good small photos on glossy paper and creates WONDERFUL pictures to use on web pages and the computer.

But, my students do a lot of manipulating with their digital images and saving them several times...and a lot of times, they are changing the image size...and saving in jpeg format...and by the time they are through and ready to print out...they wonder why it doesn't print out good.

So this is why I have them using the tiff format now to save until they are ready to print...and I was just sharing this with anyone who may need it.
Carolyn

  Carolyn,

  Now I'm in a real Tiff! I didn't know that about Jpeg files thanks.

  I got back from New York last week and I took about 70 pictures with my new camera at normal resolution and when I printed them out on gloss paper at 3.5" x 5.5" they looked like I had done them with a 35 mm camera. It is only a 2.1 mega pixal camera at best mode and I was using normal, maybe 1.0 megapixel. Blew one up to 8x10 and was still OK but not as good.

  Ken Schwab ---

---