RE: AP Studio question/combining classes

---------

From: Rebecca Stone-Danahy (RebeccaStoneDanahy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 07:05:46 PST

Photography can be included in the 2-D portfolio as long as the emphasis is
on 2-D design. It may also be included in the drawing portfolio if there is
mark making on the print.

Becky in NC

As far as combining classes, I would think twice about having too much going
on at once unless the kids are superb and can absolutely work independently.
I teach AP and advanced at the same time and I can tell you that some days I
am ready to pull my hair out. This week for example, I introduced xerox
transfer and newspaper collage with a political theme to AP while
introducing a hand building project in clay to also include throwing on the
wheel with my advanced. It is pretty crazy teaching more than one class at
a time.