Re: AP Studio question/combining classes

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 06:49:24 PST

In a message dated 03/05/2002 5:11:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
smokealarm7@hotmail.com writes:

> is it possible to combine students:
> add photo kids in to round out the numbers?
> can they submit their entire portfolio using photography (for all
> the sections of
> a 2D Design portfolio)??? or must they have some drawings, etc.
> I know this sounds dumb but I can't seem to figure this out from all the
> books I have gotten at the conventions I've been to so far.
> Also, can you combine drawing portfolio kids in with kids who are doing 2D
> Design?

I haven't read anywhere that you can't use photography for the 2-d portfolio
but if it was all photography then I would assume that it might not get a
high score. Photography for my students is one of their classes and they use
about 2-3 pieces in the portfolio. They will probably come out with a Photo
portfolio sometime soon. I would make some calls or go to the website and
ask.

All of my A.P. students are in combined classes. They work independently and
with some assigned works. I keep them very busy and right now we have about
3-4 students who are done and are refining their portfolios. Many students
are not good at independent work so choose your students carefully.

Ken Schwab
San Jose CA

---