Arts Assignment

---------

From: J+G Grant (jggrant_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 03:56:35 PST

Thanks to all those who have helped me with my little problems regarding the brushes and the oil pastel on the corkboards. Aaagh! This has been an eventful first few weeks in my new school. Now one of the grade six teachers has said that I must run any art assigments by her so that I do not put too much stress on her kids! Our term finishes in a couple of weeks and I want them to come to me with an artist that they wish to explore. Then they have the holidays (two weeks) and then four more weeks in which to come up with a presentation which would include a 5 minute talk to the class. I don't think this is too much - next year in high school they will be called upon to do much, much more. Am I being too hard? This is a new school and my old students could cope with this easily. Also, I have had one parent of a five year old come in to 'watch' my class as her child has been 'terrified' by me. First time for me! I am particularly careful with the littlies so this really caught me off guard. Oh well, it is proba
bly new school blues but I have been thrown.

Gina
Melbourne

---