Re: Expressive lines

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 16:14:07 PST

I like to talk about line, and then play different types of music and make
line compositions that go with the music. It's fun to demonstrate, because
first I kind of dance to the music, get my arms going, and then start
drawing. Sometimes we use huge sheets of paper, and close our eyes while we
draw. I like to use crayon, or oil pastel so that we can vary the pressure,
too. Sometimes we try to make the lines into something (afterwards), other
times we paint the shapes to match the mood. It's fun to name the
compositions also.

Leah