Re: ideas for oil pastels

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 15:32:24 PST

In a message dated 03/05/2002 11:09:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
FoellM@brevard.k12.fl.us writes:

> Need some really good ideas for projects for
> basic drawing and 2-d classes. High school. Brain dead this time of year.
> Thanks.

I am currently doing an assignment with my art 4 class with Impressionism in
which they study the artists of the period and by looking in art history
books they find a painting they like. After describing what they like about
it, like colors style, subject matter, etc. they look for a similar subject
or re arrange the parts, or, take different parts of a few paintings to try
and emulate the style of the impressionists. They are not to copy but
recreate the next picture that their artist would do in the style, colors and
such of the painting that they chose originally.

The craypas or oil pastels can be applied like the brush strokes of the
impressionists and they have a lot of fun with it. Some are in AP and are
doing two or three drawings using their concentration project as a theme.

Ken Schwab
San Jose CA

---