RE: sgrafitto red over white clay

---------

From: Amy Helton (AmyHelton_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 08:50:22 PST

Susan,
I do this with my 5th graders, they study Central and South America, and
this seems to fit in nicely. We paint on the red slip while leatherhard.
Once the slip has dried and they can handle the piece they carve designs and
also remove areas of red so the white shows through. The pieces have been
very successful and when they get a bit older some choose to use this
technique again.
Good luck, Amy