Re: Help!

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 08:36:36 PST

J+G Grant wrote:

> Some little darlings have drawn on the cork (unsealed) display board with oil pastel! Is it possible to get it off? Any help will be much appreciated (especially by the same little darlings who are breathlessly awaiting the outcome of my search).

For crayon the cleaning gurus recommend scraping off as much excess as
possible, then placing absorbent paper towels on top and pressing a warm
iron over it. Don't rub, and don't leave the iron on long. Change to a
different clean spot on the towel as soon as the crayon starts coming
up. Oil pastels are definitely...oilier than crayons, so you'd have to
be careful it doesn't spread out.

Maggie

---