Teaching portraiture to 3rd graders...

---------

From: Jenna Freck (jennarations_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 23:08:45 PST

Hi everyone,
I'm stumped...I am a portrait artist but I am having trouble translating my
experience to teaching kids in my son's 3rd grade class the basics of
drawing the features of the face. Do you all have any techniques that you
could share or a site that has a basic lesson plan to go by? I emphasize
shape but the shading and subtleties trip us up. The kids have the basic
shapes of the faces drawn and painted with flesh tone but now we're at the
challenging part...any ideas?

Thanks!!

Jenna Freck
Art docenting in Alameda...