RE: Turning hard clay into usable clay - thanks

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 19:57:07 PST

A few years ago I did rice bowls (okay - plates) with porcelain and my K/1
classes. I rolled it out as thin as possible - they pressed it onto a
Styrofoam plate and then pressed rice into it to make the design... either
the rice burned off or I took it off - don't remember - but where it was
pressed it made a translucent design...just like Pier 1... ha ha - I would
assume you could roll it into thin slabs and press with lace with lace,
string, screen etc, and fire - don't know. Vases, wall hanging -
Ellen