Re: repousee

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 18:44:42 PST

I have done a repousse project using heavy duty alum. foil. We cut out
tag board pieces, covered them with a thick coat of white glue--like
frosting-evenly coated) and then wrapped carefully in foil. The design
was carved immediately before the glue dried. Occasionally the glue
squirted out when holes were made, but it didn't matter. You have to have
your design all prepared on another piece of paper since you have to work
fairly rapidly. The next day or so, when the glue is dried, the design is
really hard and supported by the dried glue. We covered with india ink,
wiped immediately with tissue, let dry and then buffed with steel wool.
Very nice. It's much better to buy the alum foil rolls from Sax etc.
They work so much better, but in a pinch the regular barbeque foil is ok.

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #
# Elko, NV 89801 #