Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Turning hard clay into usable clay

From: louise dawkins (ms_wez_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 18:22:30 PST

I usually just break it up in small pieces that a bone
dry and cover with water. All the pieces to dissolve
to silt then stir it up, and slap it down on plaster
bats, or canvas boards and allow the excess water to
be drawn out of the silt, then wedge it to a workable
state. IF you leave it in the water too long it can
become stinky...

Louise in VA
--- Jodi Ascunce <> wrote:
> I have a large amount of hard clay leftover from the
> previous art teacher.
> What is the best way to rejuvinate it to make it
> usable?
> ---

Do You Yahoo!?