sgrafitto red over white clay

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 18:13:34 PST

I want to have the kids paint red clay slip over white clay and carve back
through to create designs, but I am unsure when they should paint the slip. Do
we paint with the slip while the piece is leather hard? Or do we do it when
the clay is bisque? Or neither? Surely not bone dry. . . . I read a couple of
different opinions last week, and now I'm confused.

Susan Holland
susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---